Offensive Remark of the Week: Rush Limbaugh Is Still Rush Limbaugh Edition

by Cara on May 22, 2008

in assholes, feminism, media, offensive remark of the week, politics, race and racism, Republicans, social conservatives

You know, most of Rush Limbaugh’s words barely even enter my brain (only fair, since they seem to barely enter his own before his says them). His offensive comments end up coming to me from Media Matters every other day, so they’re par for the course, and generally roll right off my back. But this . . .

This I think I’ll just let speak for itself (original emphasis):

LIMBAUGH: You know, the feminazis forgot one thing. Well, one of the objectives of the feminazis over the last 20, 25 years has been to dominate the public education system so as to remove the competitive nature of boys. You know, there’s a crisis of young man-boy education in the schools. And they did this on purpose, to eliminate male competition in the work force. This is part of feminazi grand plan.

They forgot affirmative action for black guys. And because of that, every bit of their plan has gone up in smoke now, because they — if — they had to come out in favor of affirmative action for black guys, and that’s — see, this is one of the things that really irritates the women. And there are women all over this country fit to be tied — trust me on this. And it’s — one of the things is affirmative action is exactly — it’s, you know, liberals eventually are going to be devoured by their own policies. And it has happened here. Because Barack Obama is an affirmative action candidate. There’s no question, the way he is being treated by the drive-bys and so forth and so on. The way he’s been puffed up here with the magical, messiah-type message with no criticism allowed.

So, it’s just — they just forgot that one thing: affirmative action for black guys. And if they had remembered to oppose that, then they wouldn’t face the situation they face today.

1 Renee May 22, 2008 at 10:05 pm

Not is Limbaugh a sexist he is a raving racist. He panders to the lowest elements of society to achieve fame. He is in it only for himself.

2 SunlessNick May 22, 2008 at 10:57 pm

He’s also called for riots to disrupt the candidacy of whomever becomes the nominee.

3 ouyangdan May 23, 2008 at 12:41 am

*headdesk*

i remember when he was fired from the Fox Sunday Football show for being racist.

why is this guy still on the air?

4 Dolores Shade May 23, 2008 at 2:15 am

*Jaw dropped in horror*

My sister’s husband (my niece’s father!) listens to this shit.

5 SunlessNick May 23, 2008 at 7:22 am

why is this guy still on the air?

Because right wing white men like playing the victim card.

6 Anna May 23, 2008 at 8:33 am

Wow.

How do these people sleep at night?

7 Cara May 23, 2008 at 10:14 am

How do these people sleep at night?

On top of giant piles of money in very white neighborhoods?

8 Thealogian May 23, 2008 at 10:20 am

I can’t wait until Limbaugh or Coulter drops the N-word on National TV–they probably say it in their private wing-nut lives, let’s have it out there. Apparently today, you can say whatever racist, sexist thing out there, but still be defended by the Right-Wing Media Machine, but I think that “the N-Word” and perhaps “Cunt” (though not “Bitch” as has already been demonstrated does not “count” as sexist) might be significant enough to cause a moderate right-wing riot (aka, those fundies who like having 2-3 black families in their churches).

peace

9 SunlessNick May 23, 2008 at 3:35 pm

Cunt won’t raise the ire. McCain’s already used it – to his wife no less – and is still media darling.

10 Renee May 23, 2008 at 7:35 pm

The media has a history of censoring people who make racist comments for short periods of time and allowing them back on the air. Dog the Bounty Hunter was tapped calling his sons girlfriend a nigger and A&E is busy filming new episodes of his show. It seems he had the highest rated show on that network and profit means more than racism.

11 Cara May 23, 2008 at 7:46 pm

What??? I thought they canceled his fucking show. For Christ’s sake. After Imus, I guess that I shouldn’t be too terribly shocked, but god. Imus was actually less offensive!

12 Kandee May 24, 2008 at 12:45 pm

Racism and sexism all rolled into one wonderful quote. What craziness!

13 Skwee May 25, 2008 at 2:44 pm

That… made… no… sense!

14 Cara May 25, 2008 at 3:52 pm

No, no Skwee, it totally does. Here’s where I think you’re going wrong: to get it, you have to think like a bigot who hates all women, and also all black men. A bigot who has enough money and influence to have what they say not need to make any sense whatsoever, because it will still end up being taken seriously.

15 L. E. Hairstylist May 27, 2008 at 1:51 am

…Am I the only one who just read a string of words that come up a lot in sexist, racist, bigoted speech? I couldn’t find a coherent thought in there. It’s like someone spilled soda on Limbaugh’s microchips, and he’s just going to repeat “Affirmative ActionFEMINANZIblack guys liberals Women GAYAGENDAGAYAGENDA” until finally the verbal diarrhea slows down and then stops while sparks emanate from his neck and he twitches slightly.

On a related note, I’m all for hitting Limbaugh with a wrench until he stops talking and starts twitching.

16 Cara May 27, 2008 at 7:16 am

Thank you, L.E. You gave me quite the laugh.

17 SunlessNick May 27, 2008 at 12:25 pm

You’re not the only one LE.

{ 1 trackback }