Offensive Remark of the Week: Sometimes Media Matters Alerts Make Me Hate Humanity Edition

by Cara on June 20, 2008

in assholes, bigotry, homophobia, LGBTQ, media, offensive remark of the week, religious fanaticism, social conservatives

Shorter Michael Savage: “I am bigoted piece of shit who doesn’t deserve the life given to me by this “God” I supposedly believe in.”

Verbatim Michael Savage (to a caller who was whining about two men holding hands in front of his kid): “You’ve got to try to explain to the children why the — why God told people this was wrong. [. . .] You have to explain this to them in this time of mental rape that’s going on. The children’s minds are being raped by the homosexual mafia, that’s my position. They’re raping our children’s minds.”

Verbatim Cara: #@*!$*@#%(&@#%&#(%&! . . . *brain explodes*

1 Mariella June 20, 2008 at 4:15 pm

that’s fucked up in so many ways I don’t even know where to begin.

2 SunlessNick June 21, 2008 at 9:34 am

Michael SAVAGE is well-named.

3 Genevieve June 21, 2008 at 11:10 am

Michael Savage is an asshole. A genuine asshole. And he seriously needs to take a good look at what life would be like if he WASN’T a heterosexual male. Because I doubt he’d be saying these things if he weren’t living in his privileged bubble.

4 Mortality June 22, 2008 at 7:33 pm

His statement is closer to “mental rape” than two guys holding hands -.-

5 JaneDoe June 22, 2008 at 9:11 pm

Along with the myriad of problems with his statement, I hate this new misuse of the word “rape”, like it can just apply to anything you consider a violation. I’m sure most rape victims would agree what ever Savage is talking about is nowhere close to having someone forcibly penetrate your body. Show so some fucking respect, dude.

6 Cara June 22, 2008 at 9:16 pm

Jane, I agree with you entirely, but I have to admit that I chuckled at the concept that a man who refers to two men holding hands as a homosexual mafia who is raping the minds of children would “show some respect” to anyone, let alone rape victims.

7 Genevieve June 23, 2008 at 12:13 am

And that’s why these guys can say things like this–they lack respect for anyone else’s feelings or experiences. Even the children he pretends to care about, the minute those kids turn into teenagers and start being interested in sex or listening to music he doesn’t approve of or wearing baggy pants or whatever, he’ll throw them under the bus too.

8 SunlessNick June 23, 2008 at 2:36 pm

However, they are the first to cry that their feelings are hurt when they are called on their crap.